BE United recognises the need for greater commitment to diversity and inclusion in not only the arts and culture sector in Scotland but also the broader socio-economic institutions.
- Carves a distinct African-Caribbean space within Scottish social and cultural landscape.
- Is a voice speaking the language of the African-Caribbean community and an influencer within the Scottish cultural sector.
- Advocates for a community that sits at the margins of society – economically, culturally and politically;
- Educates and facilitates cross-cultural understanding and
- Inspires isolated members of the Afrocentric community to reconnect and be included in Scottish society.
To provide a platform/voice for Scotland’s Afrocentric community.
To successfully curate and manage a thriving Afrocentric Arts and Cultural Hub – The BE Hive!
Engaged Young People
Suzanne Spencer (Office Assistant)
Guilherme Innocenzi (Finance Assistant)
Ethan Tesfaye (Finance Assistant)
Nedyalka Petkova (Office Manager)
Salomeja Petronyte (Newsletter Curator)
Londiwe Mabaso (social media))
Dr Yahya Barry
BE Inspired. BE Connected. BE United.
Get access to the latest opportunities and events through our monthly newsletter!
Catch the latest artist showcases, interviews, features, news from the BE United team and more!
Listen to inspiring stories from the artists and creative entrepreneurs shaping new creative futures within Scotland.